There are great number of uses for plastic cards.
Use these durable and attractive cards for loyalty programs, contact information, VIP badges, photo IDs and more. Like most business cards, they can be visual, but plastic cards can interact with machines in a lot of ways.
Given this huge range of possibility, any business can find a good use for a printed plastic card.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- Recycling old plastic cards to create new cards reduces waste and helps keep old cards out of landfills.
- In addition to being highly durable and lasting a long time, PVC cards are capable of decomposing under the right conditions.
- If your business wants to be eco-friendlier, recycled plastic business cards are a great step to take.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To learn more about plastic card printing, ask any questions or get a price quote, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all card printers are alike, so you need to examine your needs carefully to find the right one for you.
We’re here to help you find the perfect plastic card printer at the perfect price. Plastic Card ID offers: The best trained and experienced customer service team.
Our easy-to-navigate website will let you browse through all the top printer brands.
Check out honest product reviews from your peers. Trust our experts for support at every step of the process. Shop the best brands on our user-friendly website.
Top 5 Things To Think About When Buying an ID Card Printer:
You don’t have to feel overwhelmed shopping for an ID card printer. Instead, focus on these five key factors to help narrow your search. 1) Single or Dual-Sided Printer
Most card printers can be purchased in either single mode or dual-sided mode.
Single-sided models are more affordable, but you have to manually flip and re-print the backside of the cards. Dual sided card printers will save you a considerable amount of time on large batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of printer.
They utilize a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card but usually leave a white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also known as re-transfer) require the use of a ribbon and a transfer film for the best quality print that ensures a full bleed with no borders. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches need printers with larger hopper sizes, faster printing speeds, and yield higher ribbons.
Companies with small batches can save money by purchasing a handfed printer or those without high-volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards can increase the durability and value of cards. It’s essential for cards used on a regular basis.
Laminated cards also add enhanced security feature options, like holograms.
There are other ways to add visual security to cards that are less expensive, such as watermarks, holographic cardstock, and holographic stickers. 5) Connection Type
All card printers can be connected directly to a PC using a USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, ensure the printer you select has Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to a network to print using multiple computers, a printer with Ethernet connection is essential. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is simply another term for an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is a common synonym for plastic, and though it is often associated with pipes and construction, PVC is a durable plastic that is excellent for creating and printing ID cards. PVC card printers can consequently mean all types of photo ID makers. How Do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC card printers can use different methods to transfer a design onto a card. Popular techniques for printing on PVC cards can include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular of ID card printing. It uses a ribbon that has panels of three primary colors (cyan, yellow, and magenta) along its length.
As the card is printing, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink on the ribbon where appropriate and transfers the ink to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term that is commonly used to refer to color printing. For black-and-white printing, the term is known as resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the LOWEST Priced Color Plastic Card Printer on the market today.
You can use the single-sided printer, then flip the card over and run it through the backside of the card.
You can use a single-sided printer and simply flip the card over to re-run it for the back-side printing.
This saves you approximately $600, which is the difference between a single-sided and dual-sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy offers a comprehensive solution for both PC and Mac. This comprehensive package includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
In addition, you get access to a free card template library at www.badgy.com to help you personalize the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards instantly and completely independently.
Print your badges as needed, either one at a time or in small batches. SAVING TIME
The Badgy200 has a consistent output of 95 color cards every single hour.
You’re able to import data from a database, adding information to your card designs with ease, and launch a print run of your badges with including variable data.
A Stronger Brand Image
The Badgy200 printer provides personalized plastic cards with professional-looking, edge-to-edge printing that will highlight your organization’s brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 can be installed like any standard office printer.
After loading the cards in the feeder, they can be retrieved from the output hopper, both of which are located on the front side of the printer.
With the Badgy Premium Suite Software, you have control of the printer from your computer through notifications. It’s easy to install the Badgy print ribbons, and your computer automatically recognizes them.
COMPACT - These printers are smaller than the usual office printer, designed to easily fit into any setting without being a burden.
- This compact printer weighs just 9 pounds!
- Personalized Card Badges
- The Badgy Printer allows you to print your own customized badges in full color whenever you want to. This solution allows for the instant creation of customized secure cards for a wide range of applications.
- A Card Printer
In simple terms, you’re printing your cards on plastic instead of paper.
- Badgy prints your badges in color with professional quality and, even better, you print the badges you want when and where you want!
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and can be used just like a standard office printer.
- The slim, unobtrusive design allows you to find a place for it in any type of setting.
- The Badgy200 is designed to print professional-quality color badges with ease.
- Badgy200 meets all your needs for personalization and instant card production, as single cards or in small batches.
- The Badgy200 color ID card printer is perfect for creating and printing personalized employee, visitor, and event badges, or library, student, and membership cards.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes the Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the required printer driver.
- The Evolis Badge Studio + software, which is included with the Badgy200 package, allows you to print professional-quality, edge-to-edge ID badges and cards.
- You only need a basic familiarity with PC or Macintosh computers to have Badgy up and going in mere minutes.
- With the Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software, you can easily control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Badgy.com hosts a variety of free card templates that allow you to quickly come up with a professional design for your cards and badges.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- Power supply and power cable
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is a cost-effective solution, perfect for low volume card printing applications. It’s a complete, all-in-one solution that’s perfect for new users.
The Badgy System includes:
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack that includes a ribbon and plastic cards
A consumables pack, including plastic cards and a ribbon
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and USB and power connections at the back.
In addition, an LCD control panel means the printer is easy to operate.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 features photographic, full-color, quality prints capable of covering the plastic card’s whole surface. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
Regardless of if you need to print one card or 100 cards, overall, the printing costs are much lower than normal and fit any budget.
In addition to that, less power is used when it’s set on hibernation mode, which saves money.
The Evolis Badgy200 utilizes thermal transfer and dye sublimation to produce prints using 2 million colors, at 300 dpi.
This printer is also very fast, with a YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome print speed of 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Personalize and print ID cards or badges with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them, either in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Staff ID badges
Event badges Event badges